The Bronsons

The Bronsons

Thursday, August 3, 2017

Moab

Funny how when you live somewhere your whole life you can often fail to take advantage of the chance to be a tourist there.  So, as I had never been there, and because I thought it would be awesome to get ridiculously sweaty, while we were in Utah we went to Moab.  In July.  Did I mention how much sweatiness there was?  So grossly sweaty.   We met up with some friends and Dan was able to come with us after flying in from Massachusetts.
We rented a house and we all got there on a Friday night and hung out.  Jackson brought a telescope so that was fun.  The next morning we went to see Delicate Arch.  It was 104 degrees that day.  Atticus was a champion and loved walking up the rocks and exploring.  If I remember right, he didn't get carried until the way back down.  It's a good thing we had friends with us to help drag my kids up and down the mountains that weekend.  Jake carried Jonny practically the whole day, mostly on his shoulders.  She even fell asleep on his head for a while.
Atticus having way more energy than he should in the heat.
An almost perfect family picture except my giant head in front of Atticus.
Delicate Arch was gorgeous.  I was completely exhausted by the time we got there but it was so worth it.
Our whole group.  
My family, Jake and Kyra, Jackson and Karyn, Mark and Whitney, and Katy and Jeff
I love how out of sorts Jonny is in this picture.  It's rough being carried around in the heat.
After that we headed over to some swimming hole I forget the name of and it was amazing.  We cooled off, swam around, and slid down rocks, even Atticus was brave enough for the rock slides.  
Resting up for the next day while the rest of us played games.
The next day we headed to Corona Arch.  It was 106 degrees.
Jackson hauling Jonny up.
Atticus was not short on energy and climbed all over the place again.
I heart these two babies.
We were the only ones at Corona for the most part and so we sat in the shade for a good long time, enjoying the view.
While everyone rested Atticus and I wandered a bit.
It's almost impossible to see because I can't blow up the picture up any more on this blog format, but the full moon looks like it's sitting right on top of the arch.
Then Jonny wanted a turn to explore.  Sass pants.
After our morning hiking in the heat, we went and got milkshakes at one of the grossest Denny's there ever was and then headed home. 
Exhausted ride home.
I had borrowed my dad's car to take to Moab so we took it through the car wash on the way back.  (I'm maybe a mean mom for egging her on a bit.)
After Moab we were headed to the Bronson's for the week but first we had to return my dad's car.  When we got the car back we rather unexpectedly ran into all these people at my parent's house.  Samantha and Jimmy were there for a Sunday visit, but Jonathan's family was in from Ohio.  And though we knew they were coming to stay for a couple weeks, we hadn't expected them to be there until late that night.  Someone said "No one ever let Stefanie know this happened or she'll be mad at all of you".  So we took this picture to send to her.


No comments:

Post a Comment