Getting ready to head out. Atticus was such a great helper as it was just the three of us, he pulled that orange bag all through the airport. And Jonny loved riding along
Our flight was actually pretty miserable (But my kids were great) We sat at the gate for an hour after we were supposed to have taken off with no explanation until about 45 minutes in. Finally they informed us that one of their Ipads had frozen during an update so they had to take it off the plane to find better Wi Fi. Seriously? So I don't think we ended up taking off around 9 PM. And we didn't make up any time in the air, we actually lost more time. Then someone got really sick and they had to call for any medically trained people on board to come check her out (This comes into play later) Atticus woke up around South Dakota and was excitedly awake for the rest of the time. Then as we were coming in for a landing we suddenly pulled up at the last minute and did a bunch of loops around Utah for another 20 minutes. No explanation until we were going back in for a landing again. (We were landing too close to someone else so we had to pull back up.) Then we sat on the tarmac for about 15 minutes waiting for our gate or something. Once we were at the gate we had to wait, because remember that person that was sick or something? Yeah we had to wait for people to come on board and check her out and wheel her away. (Oh, but not before they told us we could get off, we all got up and got our bags and then they told us to sit back down and wait instead) We finally got off the plane. Yay! And my mom met us down at baggage. Then we waited, and waited, and waited for our bags to come, for any bags to come. I don't understand what took so long as we had been sitting at our gate forever while the medical people checked the lady out. The luggage carousel finally starting going almost exactly one hour after we had landed. One hour! And by then it was like 3:30 am east coast time and we were tired!
Hanging out before we boarded.
Getting ready for some churching at Grandma's house.
And some random pictures of fun with my kiddos.
He wanted us to be super tough and then he said something that made me crack up. I forget what, but he was so pleased to make me laugh.
She got to sleep on a big bed at grandma's. Granted, I was sleeping with her most nights, but still, she thought she was such a big girl.
Happy place.
Jonny was a miserable sleeper and most nights I was sharing a bed with her anyway, which means I was also awake super early after being up with her. This is how they entertained themselves one morning while I pretended like I was being a responsible adult. This was at like 6:45. Atticus even took a video of it.
Grandma's tub is the best for bubble baths. And I was dying over Jonny's ponytail.
Farmington, I love you.
Had a craftaganza with my two sisters. I mean, I didn't craft anything because I didn't want to haul it back to Boston, but I hung out with them while they crafted, and Jonny was very proud to help Samantha with her wreath. (I honestly don't think Sam noticed Jonny added this piece and that's where it stayed.)
Visited Granny. Fun fact: Granny's middle name is Ruth, as was her mother's, grandmother's and I think great-grandmother's, as is mine and Jonny's.
Avery (or Vivi, as Jonny calls her) and Sam joined us.
Nana-Nae and Papa Jon took us to The Museum of Natural Curiosity and my kids ran wild. It was so much fun!
Jonny would've spent all day at the baby water table and I think Jon would've happily stayed with her
It's hard to tell, but her pants are soaked and she spent the rest of her museum time pants-less.
Pants-less ballet!
My father-in-law is the President of Public Finance at Zions Bank. So he was showing Atticus the ropes.
My father-in-law is the President of Public Finance at Zions Bank. So he was showing Atticus the ropes.
And then Atticus attempted to rob the place.
They put on a little pirate show for us.
And Atticus showed us his magic skills.
This was right before we left. He looks strained because he was. After this he cried and cried and was suddenly fevered and sick for the next day or two. Poor kid.
These belong to Dan's sister, Sheri. I'm not sure what was happening here.
For New Year's Eve we went to a Jazz game. My kids loved it and this may be one of the greatest pictures of Jonny, ever.
Back at my parent's to see Jimmy and share some baby high fives.
And baby hugs.
And we played the game Santa brought me....
I should also mention that after this trip, and also after all the help from my nephew, Tate, Jonny finally started talking like crazy.
Too soon we had to go (In the middle of the night for the red eye back to Boston.) We were all very sad about it.
Made it back to Boston and pretty much slept the rest of the day.



































No comments:
Post a Comment