So this year instead of hauling our Christmas down to Farmington/South Jordan, Dan and I decided to have early Christmas. So we treated the 23rd as our Christmas morning. We were maybe very spoiled this year. Dan bought me the Nikon D90 which I’ve had my eye on forever. I already had a lens from my other Nikon so that worked out nicely. I got Dan a climbing rope and some quick draws. Plus then Santa brought us some other great things like the extended blu rays of Lord of the Rings and Star Wars, an external hard drive, and a web cam which Dan has now turned into a video baby monitor. Ya, we were spoiled.
Our Cute Tree
.

Super cute pictures of us with my new camera. Obviously I was paying attention to getting things in focus...
Our haul.
Friday night we went down to my parents house for a quickly thrown together cousin party. However the only cousin that ended up coming was Justin and his wife Megan but that's okay because we like them. My older brother Jonathan was in town from Colorado with his wife Jen and their totally cute kids Jonah and Anna. Plus my younger brother and sister were there and my parents. Sadly my older sister and her family couldn't come because they would just have to drive back and forth again the next day.
We had so much fun though! We played Pounce which is the best game to play with big groups. It got so intense that nobody was even sitting down anymore, the table kept being scooted around--twice it smacked Jonathan's kids in the head, everyone was screaming enough to upset the babies who were also being being ignored quite a bit, Jameson inflicted pain on several of us by jumping to get his card down in time, and my dad intentionally hit Dan in the face because Dan got his card down before my dad twice in a row, plus we hardly ate any of the treats because we were so busy. Though we were being accused of always cheating at games by Jen and Jonathan, (and though they're not really sure where they got that idea) Dan and I kicked butt with no cheating involved.
Oh and don't worry that Dan is such a nerd, he later took the score sheet and graphed it.
It was such a fun night. It may have been my favorite thing we did the whole time we were down that way "Christmas Breaking". I think we need to do it again soon.
The only picture I think I have from that night. That's Jonah in my lap. This was obviously before the game got out of control. Love him.
And don't forget that right in the middle of all of our screaming & yelling. Miss Anna (who was calmly coloring at the counter)called out, "Is everybody doing OK over there?"
ReplyDelete