The Bronsons

The Bronsons

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Beakey

So you may be familiar with a story about myself, a church softball game, and a shattered eye socket.  If not, I'm not going to rehash it except one small part.

So I had to go in for surgery to get a plate put into my face.  It was all very exciting.  I had to be there at about six in the morning and there I was with Dan sitting next to me in this little room lying on a bed waiting to be taken into surgery.  They did some routine tests on me beforehand and then a cute older lady nurse came in to talk to us before the doctor came in.  The following conversation went something like this...


Nurse lady: "So the doctor and anesthesiologist will be in shortly to talk to you about your risks and what they're going to do differently because of your pregnancy."

Me: "Um... Excuse me, my what?"

Dan: Silence

Yep.  

Then the doctor and anesthesiologist came in and advised me that risk was minimal and I should do the surgery anyway and then wheeled me away leaving Dan in a tiny room all by himself for a few hours only minutes after learning his wife was going to have a baby.  Poor guy.  (Oh and of course the nurse was mortified that she'd let us find out the way we did.  She had thought we already knew.)

So yes, we are having a boy in April.  I am nearly six months along and Dan refers to the child as Beakey.  Don't ask.  After the initial shock, we are excited and happy.  The kid is a kicker and Dan decided he will teach him to tap dance instead of be manly.  But for now we really love feeling him move around in there and are preparing to name him something nerdy.



1 comment:

  1. Hahahahahaha!!!! That is the best story I have ever heard!! You had no idea/?!?!?!! That is awesome. Congrats by they way! - Danelle

    ReplyDelete