The Bronsons

The Bronsons

Monday, September 6, 2010

Our Culture!

And now, a dramatic reading...

Warning: This and following posts may take up a good portion of your day.
Additional Warning: You may become upset and/or nervous as a result of these posts.  
This is my girlfriend.  This is a very special picture she took just for me when I was living in New York and missing her.  Sounds creepy, right?  (We've only just begun.)  She'd actually just gotten a haircut and took this picture so I could see it.   I love girlfriend with my whole soul.  And yes, we do refer to each other as simply that.  Which is much better than it used to be...

Nicole is from the great city of Parowan, ("On the 13th day of January...") has crazy red hair, and mad dancing skills.  If you ever need some good entertainment, go here; http://nicleecec.blogspot.com/.  The Adventures of the Carpool are a favorite of mine and many others.

Anyway, we were roommates for three of my four years in college.  She left me the last year because she figured I would get married and leave her first.  Fate put us together as we did not know each other before becoming roommates.  I was indeed intimidated by her at first.  Apparently this is a common occurrence when one first meets Nicole and it makes her mad.  (Watch out.)

Anyway, once we discovered we had mutual abilities to be annoyed by others and be completely obnoxious, we decided to be friends.

Girlfriend and I only do things so we can take pictures of them.  So with that said, I present a pictorial history... 

This is the first of our epic pictures together.  This picture, among many others would often be referenced in the future.  This picture both upset and entertained us and was (probably unfortunate enough to be) recreated many times in the future.
We are guarding ourselves against tobacco here, though, having experienced more in life since this picture was taken, I am reminded of one of our many special roommates... "NO!"
Girlfriend has wonderful hair that can shape to anything you want.  Here we have 'Swan Art'.  When hair is like this you must pat instead of scratch.
This is a good sampling of the people we hung around with.  This was before Nicole and I ventured out to actually try to hang out without others.  Also, take note that Nicole is smiling while the rest of us are trying to look tough.  A strange occurrence.
Dan and girlfriend share a love for doing awkward and embarrassing things.  This is the Monkey Walk.
Freshman year girlfriend and I were in a car accident.  We were hit by a man the police referred to as 'Kidnapper'.  Girlfriend got broken.  Fortunately, Wolverine was there to help her through this difficult time.
This was the first of many pictures of us doing "the pose".  Later, after some serious ANTM, we got a new staple pose (More on that later) but this remains a good standby for when we are not standing or have already done our ANTM moves during that photo shoot.
On Girlfriend's birthday while probably neglecting our youth.
Ah the night of awkwardness...  But don't worry, she was ready for the pose when we were.
As the pose developed, it became more standard to let your mouth hang open a bit as seen here when teaching Jordan.
Girlfriend and I had already done our ANTM pose at this event and so whipped out our second place stand-by.

The end of Freshman year brought a year apart for Nicole and I.  Filled with random texts and internet stalking and of course the saucy picture seen at the beginning of this post.  Girlfriend was meeting Brad Henrie.  A boy I would grow to have a love/hate relationship with for Nicole's sake and who would also be a key part of one of my favorite stories Nicole has ever been a part of.  And which I later had the privilege of sharing with Nathan Needham.  I only recall one great story of the two of us during this time.  It was when I came home from New York for Thanksgiving.  Girlfriend had to work the day before Thanksgiving and so was taking an airplane to Parowan (Because that's how we roll) early on Thanksgiving Day.  Therefore she slept over at my house to have a quicker drive to the airport.  The night before was a fabulous one of going to see Harry Potter and 'my lil bro who only 15 years old' deciding he should date girlfriend and start hitting on her.  "He's such a gem."

Dance parties are a must and definitely a thing of beauty as long as girlfriend and I are around.  Generally they come out of nowhere and thanks to a little flutist and being each other's strength when we were weak, they began happening quite frequently after I returned from my stint in New York, to Utah State.
Strange how our roommate's musical interests served us with more entertainment than it did for them.
(My mamma was all dancing up on the table!  That's my culture!)
Anything can spark an impromptu dance Party
Laser tag...
Cleaning days...
And odd things in your closet.
Unfortunately, or perhaps, fortunately (I'll leave that judgment up to the reader) some of these don't come with sound.

Bless those sweet roommates and their insistence on putting their piano in the middle of our kitchen.

1 comment: