The Bronsons

The Bronsons

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Our Culture! Part II

And we continue with more reasons why everyone loves Nicole
Besides dancing, the year opened up many other new interests for Nicole and I as well.  (Many shared with our roommates)  Such as Wentworth Miller, Mario Kart, watching C-Span for as long as necessary, a weekly competition which surprisingly, sometimes other roommates won, and an shared wariness of this boy;
This year also brought something new and exciting for Nicole and I, roommates who we actually liked and had a desire to be around, even more surprisingly, they liked us too.  In general, people think we're a little upsetting, we often played the See-if-anyone-will-sit-by-you/talk-to-you-in-Relief-Society game.  Which probably explains (among other things, such as early morning church) why another new interest that year was sleeping instead of Relief Society as seen here:
When you have roommates who actually like you, whole new realms of possibilities open up to you.  Including but not limited to...
Roommate pictures!
(I will also take this opportunity to point out Girlfriend's distaste for boys who do not meet her height requirements.  I do not expect the average reader to understand why this picture demonstrates such.)
Buying each other Christmas presents and by doing so, picking on the one to most likely be nervous.  "Ahh....Wait, what is this?"
Weekend excursions.  (Please ignore the elements that are ever present in front of Nicole's face.)
Socializing together in public.
Teaching each other important survival techniques.
And changing our clothes in covered parking lots in the State's Capital
I must point out that the above picture is one of my favorites of girlfriend, though you can only see half her face.  She is laughing, I believe, at me trying to pull my skirt on over my pants.  Which brings up another great thing you can do when you have roommates, and you like each other: Mock each other out loud.
Yes, yes, having roommates you get along with is a wonderful thing. (Even if one of them does want to kill you by the end of the year.)  However the greatest thing of all was monthly themed parties, which came with the shared knowledge that mostly they were just so we could wear costumes and take pictures.
The Pirate Party
This picture points out another thing we are fond of doing, lunging at random times.
The Cocktail Party
Please try not to shudder at the thought of what could happen if Nicole and I ever actually got drunk. We probably wouldn't be as bad though as the people whose ancestors owned bars...
The White Trash Prom
(Where girlfriend and I were the only ones dancing of course.)
Because then we pursued our other love, Mario Kart.  (I swear other people did actually come to our parties, we just prefer not to let them in our pictures.)
And yes, she does have to sit that close to the tv.
The Rockstar Party
Getting ready is sometimes the most fun.
Sidenote: If you look closely you can see the scorecard on the door for our weekly contest.
 Ice cream is generally desirable when you've been screaming lyrics all night.  Or ya know...frozen dinners as it looks like that's what we're getting.
The Gender Blender
This picture is a little confusing but hey, this is what we do.
There were many other adventures, discoveries, and new talents/hobbies to do together, such as hating that stupid Mike kid and sometimes that stupid Brad kid.  Procrastinating, to stalk others.
And the discovery of the swing and again, another swing!
Most importantly though, was ANTM, it became a lifestyle and eventually led us to replace the old standard thumbs-up pose.  Stayed tuned for more on that.  As it is clearly something Girlfriend and I define ourselves by the most from that year.

Of course I'll never forget the time Melanie won the weekly contest (who ended up winning for the year anyway?) while Nicole and I hid in the kitchen, the way Nicole met Jordan, the smell of our dishwasher being fixed while we all hid in my room, and of course, having EVERY detail explained to us as we watched whatever happened to be on.  Ya know, just in case we didn't pick up on the fact that Michael's tattoo was really a map of the prison, or that Orphan Annie was an orphan.

No comments:

Post a Comment