The Bronsons

The Bronsons

Friday, May 22, 2015

Jonny 5 Months

So some five month Jonny updates.

I think I will just say every month that I swear she's teething.  People who see her ask me if she's teething, friends and strangers alike.  She is the drooliest thing and desperately gnaws on anything she can get it her little hands.  She's had a hard time getting things into her mouth and hanging onto them at the right angle to chew, so her favorite thing that works the best for her is chapstick tubes.

She gets so excited when she sees us.  kicks her feet and excitedly wiggles her whole body.  If we're close enough she'll try and grab our faces and pull them to her.  (Usually she then tries to gnaw on us but I like to pretend it's just because she loves us and wants hugs and kisses.)

She laughs the best for Atticus.  She usually only grunt laughs, but for Atticus she will giggle.  I have been  able to get some giggles out of her if I'm completely obnoxious and rough housing with her.  But it's rare.

Her favorite sounds to make are blowing raspberries, which is awesome considering the amount of drool she is producing.  Seriously, drool for days.

She's stared sleeping in her own room this month.  Not that she couldn't have all along since the chick's been sleeping through the night since three weeks but I wasn't ready to put her in there and I was worried with her room being right next to Atticus', that he would wake her up.  He wakes up almost nightly and he's a very early riser.  (Jonny prefers sleeping in until at least eight.)

This chick loves to have blowouts at church.  It's a celebration if I don't have to change her into her back up dress during church.  And on the days that I do (which is every Sunday, seriously.)  It's a nice little bonus if I don't have to run home and change my clothes too because it usually covers me as well.

What else?  She still won't take a bottle no matter what kind, who's giving it to her, or how hungry she is.  I will never understand why she gave that up.  She took one great until she was two months old and then quit cold turkey.  She hated, HATED, our road trip to Disneyland.  If she was awake, she was crying.  Even, for the most part, if I was in the backseat playing with her.  She's got a great bald spot and some premanantly knotted hair from rubbing the back of her head against her mattress.  I think it's some kind of self soothe thing.  Girl has got some sweaty feet.  Just all the time, sweaty.

I was trying to take a picture of Atticus passing out on me.  Jonny stole the attention however.
 Bath time snuggles.
  She rarely sits up this well in the Bumbo.  Her attention is focused on a chapstick in each hand in this photo.  Usually though she is tipping over from trying to chew on the sides of the chair.
Napping with Stefanie.  Photobomb courtesy of Shani McKay Yeaman. 
 
Goodnight kisses.
 Drool.
 She does sleep well but since we put her in her own room she's started waking around five, really excited to play with me.  If I put her in bed with me though she'll go right back to sleep until long after the rest of us are up.
 She did a bit of hanging out with her cousin Avery.
 "Matchy, matchy green squared!"
 I was bouncing her on my knees one afternoon and this happened.  Sound asleep up there.
 Our roadtrip.  
Once the novelty of having mom in the backseat wore off, she was right back to mad.
 Hiding from the wind at the beach with Nana Nae
 Working on her tan at the pool.
 Girl cousins!  With Lydia.
She was an angel for all the non-driving parts of our Disney trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment