The Bronsons

The Bronsons

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Names

So if I were better at expressing myself and sharing my feelings this would be a much better post.  But you get what you get.
I adore my mother.  I've always been pleased and proud when referred to as "My mother's daughter" and I believe out of all my siblings, I am most like her (and I'm her favorite).  She taught me to love books by reading to me and always reading herself.  And through her great example, she taught me to treat others with kindness and fairness.  And trust me, she always does her best to be fair, right down to making sure we all had the same amount of each color of M&M if she was passing out treats to my siblings and me.  My mom has always been there when I needed her, from crying with me to helping me think of state names by first letter when I couldn't sleep.  There has never been a question in my mind about my mother's strong testimony and love for the Savior.  I know her favorite scriptures and why she loves them and I knew where to find her each early morning as I got ready for junior high and high school, on the couch reading her scriptures.  She loves others as Jesus Christ did, no matter their circumstance, actions, or beliefs.
I wrote this blog post much better in my head in the wee hours of the morning but most of it is lost to my current sleep deprivation.  I want my daughter to be like my mother.  To be strong and faithful, loving and fun.  My mother's name is Jonan.  Her dad called her Jonny and she always wished more people had.  So we happily named this baby girl Jonny Ruth Bronson.  I love you, mom.

5 comments:

  1. So, so sweet my cute little mom Sharli ... this made me tear up just a little. What a beautiful tribute to your mother, your baby, and your adorable little family. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because I know that life out there is not always fair - I made it my job to make it as fair as possible for my children...

    I feel so honored & blessed to have you as my daughter. And humbled that you wrote this about me. Some of the things I love & admire about you are: your strength & your cuteness & your goodness & your talents & your mothering skills & your faith & your spunk (&,&,&)! I love & adore you Sharli Ruth!

    (I had this all typed up - perfectly worded - then when I went to publish it - Google kicked me out & made me re-sign in. So now it’s not as well said - but I think you will know what I am saying here)

    ReplyDelete