The Bronsons

The Bronsons

Monday, November 24, 2014

Girl's Nights

So in October I got to have two girl's nights with my sisters and mom within about a week of each other.  It was a hoot.

First night was conference weekend during the priesthood session.  (And yes Atticus went with us but oh well.)  We went to "Scary (Cherry) Hill" for some mini golf and other excitement.


See how scary it was?
 This is how he mini golfs. 
 It's quite similar to Stefanie's skills...  Actually more like my mom.  My mom was such a cheater!  I"m pretty sure if she got more than 4 strokes she'd just hit it a few times without counting.
My kid.
 I think we were supposed to be acting scared.
 Atticus was much better with his scared faces.
 And my mom.  Don't really know what you want me to say about this one.  I sure love her.
And we're obnoxious as well. 
This was my most favorite part of the evening.  We went to see this Frankenstein and Atticus who had been happily pretending to be scared of everything nearly wet himself.  All was well until we touched him and he started growling and his eyes flashed.  As I tried to explain to Atticus that it was just pretend, Frankenstein touched my bottom!  His hand moved up right where my bum was and I screamed, which did not help Atticus.  He was scared of everything the rest of the night and still talks about the big Frankenstein that growls at him.
Aren't we adorable in the jungle maze?  Can't believe they replaced the batting cages with this lameness. 
 We headed over to Station Park for some mediocre frozen yogurt while my cute mom stayed out in the cold to watch the fountains with my kid.
 Sam pretended like she was showing already and we took some super hot pregnancy pictures and Atticus showed us his big "Bobo tummy" too.
The second girl's night was with my sisters.  Stefanie won tickets to "Erin's Girl's Night" (Erin from radio.  Todd and Erin I think.)  It was at a hotel up by The U and they had a bunch of vendors with free crap plus there were manicures, pedicures, massages, a fire circus show and a bunch of other random stuff.  We also went to a class on zombies and ghost hunting.  It was mostly just an excuse to sit down but it was pretty lame.  It was just two guys trying to be funny.  They weren't.
We got our hair done and that was interesting.  Sam was very nervous about hers because the lady had no idea what she was doing.  (They were students) and the guy doing my hair smelled a bit like someone's bum.  And the girl who did Stefanie's, took about 4 hours to curl her hair.  Then Sam was super brave and got her eyebrows waxed.  I had to to talk her into it.
You can see why she was nervous about the hair.
More cutesie us being pregnant.  Sam is exactly 10 weeks behind me and she is having a girl as well.  We're pretty excited about it.
And now on to the thing that has had me laughing at random times for the past several weeks.  And I don't mean a little chuckle.  Even as I write this I can't stop laughing.  
So Stefanie signed up for a psychic reading at the end of the night.  Sam and I didn't dare because we were nervous about the awkwardness.  So instead we went with Stef to hers.  The lady looked like death.  Seriously.  She informed us that she used to be the head of payroll at The U and then quit to go to psychic school.  Really.  That's a thing.  And she quit her job to do it.  
There were only two chairs so Stef sat in one and Sam sat on my lap in the other one.  Psychic lady told us that she prefers that the people she's reading for ask questions rather than her just telling us things. It was hard to think of questions.  But anyway, Stef asked her first question and the lady said, "Well, let me look into that for you."  Then turned slightly  away from us and stared blankly into space.  Well, Sam and I lost it.  Actually Sam lost it, grabbed my leg and I lost it.  We were seriously hysterically trying to cover up our laughing with coughs (and failing) not five feet from this woman trying to see Stefanie's future.  I have no idea how Stef managed to hold it together.  I was seriously trying not to wet my pants.  We calmed down while she talked to Stefanie and then Stef asked another question and off she stared into the distance and we lost control again.  Sam grabbed my leg and through, what I'm sure were clenched teeth, was squealing "Sharli!  Sharli!"  In a desperate attempt to keep from laughing, while I was saying "Just think of something sad.  Think of people who are dead.  That is sad."  It didn't work.  We were laughing even harder this time.  Sam had to get up and walk across the room, leaving me there to laugh by myself.  This continued for a while and my favorite part was when psychic lady asked Stefanie how many kids she has and Stef answered truthfully that she has seven, the lady responded "No, I'm getting that you have two".  Then she went on to tell Stefanie that she doesn't need to worry that her kids have not all chosen career paths yet, because they will in time.  Stef's kids range in age from four to 18 so I'm glad she can relax about their life and career choices a bit now and stop pressuring them.  I finally got it together by thinking of the lady as just any weirdy that may approach me at the store and annoy me with awkwardness.  That's what I had to focus on.  

Here she is.  
Upon seeing this picture, Atticus asked if she made noise like the large Frankenstein at Scary Hill.  Yes, he thought she was a Halloween decoration.
Oh and we left right after this and by the time we got to the car, we were all three laughing so hard I was only able to back halfway out of my parking spot before the tears streaming down my face blurred my vision too much for safe driving.  We sat there for ten minutes laughing so hard I was near hysterics and screaming with laughter.  Stef started recording it, it was so obnoxious of us.  Oh and Sam was so worried she'd wet herself from laughing I tried to make her sit on my coat as that would be easier to wash than my car seats.  Then I couldn't stop laughing again that night as I was trying to fall asleep.  

No comments:

Post a Comment