We went boating with my family a few times and Atticus loved his "boat coat" this summer and started getting brave enough (along with the help of a trip to Bear Lake for a party with Dan's office) he started getting brave enough to try and swim and go in the water himself. He even got grandma and grandpa in the water once. He also loved "fishing" off the back of the boat and waving to whoever was skiing.
Swimming.
We spent a day at Tracy Aviary with some of my cousins and it was really fun.
This is my sister's daughter, Oaklee and my cousin Jake's son, Clive. Obviously we didn't need to see the parrot man.
My son and I don't get out much so he was thrilled to have all these other kids to play with.
They let them feed some birds
Atticus wanted to do it again and again but was also super nervous and would run as soon as they ate the food from his hands. This girl was so patient with him.
This is my cousin Justin trying to make friends with some large bird.
He really enjoys making this face. He is "mad for pretend".
I took this picture for Dan's amusement.
This is all of us that went. We were only missing my parents (who were busy doing a wedding), my brother and his family (who live in Ohio), and my cousin Jared and his family (who live in...Philadelphia? Maybe?). Also there are four people pregnant in this picture with five babies.
4th of July Dan actually got to play with us! We went down to Kaysville for the fireworks, where they, for some odd reason, (among many other horrendous choices) decided to play Let It Go from Frozen during the firework display. My son now calls that the "Firework" song and sings it at the grocery store frequently (Because he helps me by holding open freezer doors and then I tell him to let them go.) We did "sparklies" with his cousins and he was more pleased than these pictures let on. Then he happily hung out with his dad. The kid loved the fireworks and asked to go see more for months.
For Pioneer Day, Atticus and I were down visiting again and we went to the fair in Bountiful with my sister, Stefanie and her kids, as is the tradition from our childhood. (We grew up one house and one Jr. High school away from the park and Bubble) Did I mention Stefanie recently moved from Spanish Fork to Kaysville? So we see a lot more of her now and it is excellent. Atticus loved every minute of the fair and still talks about it. Especially the train ride ("It went by the potties!") and the things he got from the fishing booth.
We went to the Bountiful parade that night with more of my family and mostly all I remember was sweating like a man.
Beautiful sunset as we waited for the fireworks that night.
Other summer fun included...
The finding and smooching of this unclaimed dog at the park.
Ice cream dates!
Shopping with the Bronsons and sharing with his cousin Lydia. Also where we found this great hat which he pretty much wore the rest of the summer.
Atticus got really into "doing yogas".
A rare hang out with Dan. Atticus had to eat his sucker just like daddy.
He discovered the computers at the library and this may be the cutest picture ever.
We had a lot of good rainstorms which was awesome. Atticus was constantly begging to go play in it.
Atticus is like me and loves the river so we went a few times to the river walk by the golf course. One of those times, Atticus decided to go wading and once he fell and got his shorts (yes, those are shorts) wet, the stripping just continued and he rode home buck-naked
The finding and smooching of this unclaimed dog at the park.
Ice cream dates!
Atticus got really into "doing yogas".
He discovered the computers at the library and this may be the cutest picture ever.
We had a lot of good rainstorms which was awesome. Atticus was constantly begging to go play in it.
Atticus is like me and loves the river so we went a few times to the river walk by the golf course. One of those times, Atticus decided to go wading and once he fell and got his shorts (yes, those are shorts) wet, the stripping just continued and he rode home buck-naked
We of course found out we're having a baby girl (coming any day now...) Atticus has named her Baby Bobo and when she comes wants to call her Emily (He got that from the movie Hocus Pocus) He's really cute about things. Snuggles and tickles my tummy. He will occassionaly say he has a Bobo in his tummy too. Earlier on, he would frequently take her out of my tummy to play with her or when I would tell him I couldn't wrestle with him because of the baby. I love when he calls her his baby sister. We announced to our families by putting him in a big brother tshirt and just letting them read it themselves. My mom noticed right away. I'm pretty sure my dad read it first and it didn't click. At the Bronson's, the look on Renee's face when she read it was hilarious. I wish I took a picture. We waited until we found out she was a girl (although I'm still skeptical as the only reason they determined it was a girl was for the lack of being able to prove it was a boy.) until we took this picture to announce elsewhere. (We were getting ready to move so it wasn't hard to pull out all this stuff. And yes those are his Christmas jammies from last year.)
This pregnancy has been rough. Atticus was fairly easy and I knew that even at the time. I swear with this one I have had every rotten side effect that they warn you about. Especially throwing up. I was doing that multiple times a day until about 7 or 8 weeks ago. So much puking in public happened... On top of that I was having migraines and I was starving all the time. ALL the time. And food sounded absolutely disgusting. Especially anything healthy. I would throw up healthy food more than anything else. Until about 26 weeks I had only gained three pounds. I finally got on some medication that stopped the puking though food is still a guessing game and most sounds awful. I eat a lot of toast and cereal. And chocolate.
On top of all the pregnancy woes, I ended up in the ER around 13 weeks due to excessive bleeding. It was midnight and we dragged Atticus with us for lack of anything else to do with him. Long story short, all was well and they still have no idea why I was bleeding so much, plus Atticus loved seeing Bobo up on the ultrasound. He knew from my ultrasound picture that that was the baby. So then when he got to see it live (at about 2 in the morning) he was so excited. He was hugging my arm, asking about the U.S. wand and was just so happy to see Baby Bobo moving around. It was after that he started snuggling my tummy.
This pregnancy has been rough. Atticus was fairly easy and I knew that even at the time. I swear with this one I have had every rotten side effect that they warn you about. Especially throwing up. I was doing that multiple times a day until about 7 or 8 weeks ago. So much puking in public happened... On top of that I was having migraines and I was starving all the time. ALL the time. And food sounded absolutely disgusting. Especially anything healthy. I would throw up healthy food more than anything else. Until about 26 weeks I had only gained three pounds. I finally got on some medication that stopped the puking though food is still a guessing game and most sounds awful. I eat a lot of toast and cereal. And chocolate.
On top of all the pregnancy woes, I ended up in the ER around 13 weeks due to excessive bleeding. It was midnight and we dragged Atticus with us for lack of anything else to do with him. Long story short, all was well and they still have no idea why I was bleeding so much, plus Atticus loved seeing Bobo up on the ultrasound. He knew from my ultrasound picture that that was the baby. So then when he got to see it live (at about 2 in the morning) he was so excited. He was hugging my arm, asking about the U.S. wand and was just so happy to see Baby Bobo moving around. It was after that he started snuggling my tummy.
We maybe had cookies for dinner once or twice because that's all that sounded good to me and Dan wasn't home.
We got to go to the Ogden Temple openhouse with my family. Atticus loves temples. He talks about getting bigger to go to the temple and when he sees them, he yells the lyrics to I Love to See the Temple. So he was thrilled and wanted to go back immediately.
Lots of times spent at my parent's house and helping grandpa
...And playing Fairy Princess Star Wars
We went to the Cache County Fair with Dan.
This kid loves himself a carousel.
And all he wanted to wear all summer were his tank tops.
And of course we bought a house which we are loving. And now my son stalks the little boy, Knight, across the street. He loves having a little friend right there. Our ward is great and the house is awesome. And I'm so happy at the thought that we won't be moving again in 9 months. This is, after all, the fourth place Atticus has lived.




















































Fantastic! I am super impressed with all that was included in this blog post!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I read the whole thing. I love that kid of yours.
ReplyDeleteI was also super annoyed that they played the stupid frozen song at the fireworks! Worst decision ever. I can't stand that song. It's not even good! Anyway. Thanks for blogging so I have something to read while I nurse.
ReplyDelete