The Bronsons

The Bronsons

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas 2012 Part II

I literally just went through more than 200 pictures all to do with this post.

Christmas Eve is the best day of the year.  We mostly just take it easy through the day (at my parent's house this year as we had come down the day before) and then that night we have our big party with the Williams bunch.  Dinner, talents shows, nativity, Santa, presents.  I feel (as usual) that I'll just tell the story along with the pictures.

Playing with grandpa's nutcrackers.
I swear these two look like brother and sister.
 This gingerbread house is a hit with the grandkids.
 The best nutcracker.
He spent the better part of the morning watching birds.
 Then we went to the Eldredge Manor for a little photoshoot.  It is very hard to take a picture of a nine month old when you've set your shutter speed slow.  Also, seconds after the diaper came off he peed everywhere.
Looking out at the fresh snow and watching for Santa
 Then we went to visit Grandma Stella, but by the time we got to Granny's house, Atticus was completely out.
Let the Christmas Eve-ing begin.
 Dan and Jonah waiting for things to start.
 Grandpa and Kyndi
 This is his GQ pose by the fireplace.
 This is the part where Angel Anna said to my shepherd baby, "Hey Atticus, come see the baby Jesus".
The shepherds were abiding on the couch by night and the angels sat around them.
Shepherd baby.
 The cast
 
Next we had a talent show.
 They all sang Rudolph.  Still unsure how Dan got a part but I love Oaklee in this.
This is just for Morissa's hair.
 Jonathan's cute family sang us a song.
 Sweet little Anna...
 ...and Jonah
They all paused for Jonah to sing his part (I believe they were singing Away in a Manger and Jonah was to say the very last word, hay.)  Instead, he did this face and ran away.
 Oaklee read us her Uu book from kindergarten.
 Jimmy sang us a glorious song.  For the full version, click here.
Time for presents.  
A pony and a unicorn.
 Anna
 Atticus still had no interest in tearing wrapping paper.  But give him one of my student's papers and he'll rip it up in no time.
 Grandma gave him this phone which he loves.
 I took plenty of pictures of the matchy jammies
My dad was amused.
 Grandma with (some of) her gradnkids
 Yep.  This is what my parents gave my husband.  He saw it in a store in Sun Valley and kept playing with it. I'm married to a child.
 Loved the puppy.
Then Santa came.
We sang Jingle Bells and Santa stuck this nose on Dayton.  Dayton was not amused.
 Atticus was the first to be called to sit on Santa's lap.
 I'm unsure how to classify his reaction.
Enchanted by Santa Claus
More matchy jammies.  Staring up at Santa.
Cute Dayton
 Up WAY past bedtime.
Santa brought all the big boys nerf guns.  The second we were done singing Silent Night with Santa and he had walked out, this is how the next ten minutes went down.
My dad
 Tate
 Kam and Tyson
Jonathan 
 
 James was too well hidden for pictures but here's Dan again.
All the while Jen cleaned up... 
and Oaklee hid under the table. 

Love my family.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! Henry was also a Shepherd for my families version of the Nativity. And my husband has nerf guns and last year he and my 12 year old cousins had nerf gun wars. I'm glad our husbands are like little boys.

    ReplyDelete