The Bronsons

The Bronsons

Monday, July 30, 2012

4 months

So the little guy turned 4 months old already.  He's just as fun as ever.  He's very smiley and starting to laugh a lot more.  He has a "shy" smile most of the time like in his four month picture.  He puts his chin into his chest when he smiles.  I love it.  Here's a few other things, and as always, a million pictures.

-His stats: 
      Height: 25 inches--47th percentile
      Weight: 13 lbs 4 oz--14th percentile
      Head Circumference: 16.2 inches--19th percentile
           Yep.  He's a tiny little guy still.  But his head went from the 6th to the 19th percentile!  What a jump!

-Also the doctor said I could start him on rice cereal but I'm going to hold off for a bit because he also said I could try reintroducing some dairy into my diet(!) to see how he handles it and I don't want to do both at once so I can see a true reaction.  Wish me luck!
-He tends to be a daddy's boy and will calm down a whole lot quicker for Dan
-The kid does not nap.  He hates going down for naps and on average, actual sleep time lasts about 25 minutes
-He's sleeping longer and longer at night.  I wake him up around 9:30 to feed him and then he usually wakes up just once more in the night to eat.  This week it's been between 3 and 4 in the morning and then his wake up time for the day is about 6.
-We had to raise his dose on his reflux meds because he started screaming in pain again and now he's back to happy.
-We moved and he handled it like a champ.  The next night or two was a bit rough from the upset in his schedule but then he was fine.
-The kid is a couch potato.  If the tv is on or there's a computer nearby he will do whatever he can to see it and then be interested in nothing else.
-He went on a hunger strike this month for about 2 weeks.  It was miserable!  It was like he suddenly forgot how to eat.  He'd cry and want to eat but then just wouldn't suck.  No matter if I was nursing him or giving him a bottle and then he'd scream because he was hungry.  I'd try and trick him by quickly sneaking out his binky and shoving in the bottle and he'd eat for a few seconds and then stop and scream.  This was happening at least 3 times a day and it would end up taking about an hour and a half before he got enough to eat and we'd both be crying by the end. 
-Following his hunger strike he is a much faster eater.  His fastest time used to be 45 minutes.  Now he usually takes 20-30 minutes to eat.
-The kid is still the drooliest baby I've ever seen
-Anything that comes close to his face he tries to get into his mouth.
-He has a fascination with my wedding ring.  He'll just sit and stare at it and then occasionally work it into his mouth then spit it out in disgust.
-The kid loves getting dressed.  Especially putting his arms into sleeves.  He gets so excited and smiles the whole time.
-He finally started to enjoy his time in the pool and would actually smile and wiggle around.  And then of course, we moved.
14 Weeks
15 weeks
16 Weeks
Love this face.
"You must love me exactly as I love you."
A climber is born.
And Dan's version...
Only wants to watch the screen.
More quickly and easily grabs what he wants.
His favorite toy this month.
He went from basically planking at tummy time...
To this.  Though he still wasn't happy about it.
Loves his daddy time.
And his nudey time.
Grumped.
Didn't quite know what to do here.
The kid has super strong legs.
Seriously.

1 comment:

  1. Our babies are like the exact same size! Henry is just a few ounces more at his 4 month checkup.

    ReplyDelete