The Bronsons

The Bronsons

Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Favorite Passtime.

So for several months Dan would occasionally ask me, "Are you sure you don't want a Wii?"  My answer was always that yes, I was fine.  I'm just not one who can sit and play video games for all that long.  (Unless of course it's the N64 Mario Kart with several people.)  Until one day, all that changed...

For Christmas we accumulated a Best Buy gift card or two or three.  Their Wiis happened to be on sale.  And then there was the kicker; they had a game that girlfriend loves, on a demo.  We played.  I was sold.  So now we own a Wii as well as Just Dance II!  It is my new favorite passtime.  I play all by myself.  But it's more fun to play with others.  I also enjoy all the new Wii Resort games as well.  But let's focus on Just Dance.  You pick a song and have to mirror the dancer on the screen's moves.  It is wonderful and I highly recommend it for fun, for learning sweet moves, and for some serious sweating.  

(Note-A lot of my pictures are pretty fuzzy.  Our front room doesn't have the best lighting plus the battery has been on it's last leg since Oaks and Dayton danced so maybe that has something to do with it...)

My sister Stefanie and some of her family were up here staying with their grandpa for New Year's Eve.  They came over and Stef and the two little ones danced with me while Dan and Kamron mocked and Tyson died of boredom
Oaklee and Dayton.  They didn't like to hold the remotes.
 Dayton took this picture.  And I am well aware that at least one of us is doing the wrong thing.
 Evidence of Tyson's boredom.
Oaklee was amazing at this game.  She didn't mirror the man on the screen but she copied as soon as she could and she did it well.
Dan is not the biggest fan of the game but I can usually talk him into some playing every couple of days.  Our friend Jake came up and liked it quite a bit.  So Dan danced with him.

 Not sure why Dan is trying to be so pretty.
 Jake too...
 I like the difference in how into it they are.

Yesterday my dad called and asked if he and my mom could come up and take us to dinner.  He very seriously mocked me when I told him my only possible plans were maybe dancing about with Nicole and that Dan was just planning on being lazy before school starts Monday.  So, since they were here, they had to dance.  My dad was not excited but he got into it eventually and was hilarious to watch as my mom kicked his tush.
My mother was quite willing to try it out and did very well as you can see.
 My dad gave in after watching the fun and wasn't too confused.
 Then he and Dan did a little Viva Las Vegas.

 Then came my parents turn together...
 I think this is my favorite picture.  My mom doing great and my dad yelling at the tv in confusion.
 This is actually the fencing game on Wii Sports Resort.  But I had to show it because my dad just kept getting lower and closer to the tv.  He even grabbed hold with two hands for a while.
Now, my favorite dance is Hey Ya.  I really have to dance that one everyday.  The best part is the shake it part.  Here is a nice comparison of Dayton and Oaklee (ages 2 and 3) and my parents both doing the last part of the song (including shaking it).

Don't worry that girlfriend-Nicole texted me after my parents left to let me know that she does her best dance moves late at night.  (By late at night we mean 10:30 because we're teachers and general bedtime is 10:00.)  Girlfriend has this game and so we were in tight competition.  But mostly she just beat me a lot.
 This was a very serious move as evidenced in our faces.
After Nicole and I were a bit danced out, Dan actually decided he wanted to dance to Viva Las Vegas again.  So he did a little solo.
Love this face
I'm gonna go dance now.




2 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh! I had no clue that mom and dad participated in such an event with you!! Mom did fairly well and dad was stinkin hilarious!! My favorite was his booty shaking on the Hey Ya video! I laughed so hard! Hilarious! I too love this game - thanks for getting me so addicted. I work out to it every night. Its perfect. (And Tysopn kicked my trash on Monster Mash) (I'll blog about if later I'm sure.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love just dance!! It's seriously addicting. We need to have a dance off. My favorite one is Tik Tok even though I hate that song, I like the dance moves! AND Did you know you can get the old Nintendo games on your wii. You just go to the wii store on the main menu and buy the games. They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete