The Bronsons

The Bronsons

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Move to Boston

So Dan's company moved him to Boston.  They've been asking him to move out for over a year and when he decided to go it was pretty sudden that they wanted him out there.  They flew me out in the end of September (and I took Jonny with me) to meet up with Dan, who was already out there, to look for housing.  We found a good house but right when we got to signing a lease (Did I mention how expensive housing is?) they informed us they'd decided to sell instead.  By then we were both back in Utah so we found another place blindly, which again fell through last minute.  Then a third place that was kind of giving us the runaround.  All of this definitely was not helping my unease about the decision to go.  Dan left for Boston permanently with still no guarantee on housing for the rest of us.
In the meantime, my kids and I started saying our goodbyes to our favorite people and places.  I'm okay with having a new adventure and living somewhere different but we sure will miss some (a lot of) things.
Anyway, the third house did end up working out so off to Boston I headed with my kids. (More on that later)
Walking around the harbor with Jonny while we were out looking for housing.

This is outside the aquarium.  She could've stayed there all day.
Loving on the penguin statue.
Took one of my most favorite Cache Valley drives out to Garland to say goodbye to my teacher friends.  I sure lucked out getting to work there.  One of the greatest groups of people and friends ever.  I really don't think I'll ever be able to teach anywhere else and be as happy.
The Logan River walk.  I love this place for when I needed to just listen to the river but didn't have time to drive up the canyon.  Unfortunately, the bridge across the river to where it's just dirt, trees, and the river was closed off for the last week we were in Logan.  That's where we always loved to go.  But we made do with the paved side of the river.
Some of Atticus' cute primary friends, Ryo and Brody, came to say goodbye.  We tried to take a group shot but their group hug tripped them up and this was the result.  I like it better.
Said goodbye to our view and the cows down the street.
My cute ward friends and I got together twice as a goodbye party. (any excuse for a girl's night)  This night, in my half-packed basement, was hilariously fun.  It included self-defense lessons and an impromptu rendition of the Fresh Prince rap.
And a second excuse to hang out, an early goodbye Halloween part for the kids, and us.
We stayed at my parents's house for a few days before we headed to Boston.  As the move was approaching, Atticus' biggest sadness was leaving his paint.  So this was as we were leaving our Nibley house for the last time.  And this is legitimately what he did.
Visited both my grandmothers.  
Hung out with my sisters lots.  (Jimmy and Madi are in China until the new year)
Cousins.
I found as many aspen groves as I could.  They were perfect this year.
These two adore each other.  It was really hard to move my kids away from their grandparents.
My parents actually left on a trip two days before we left so we said goodbye then.
As they drove away my kids chased them down the street yelling "I love you double!" It was the sweetest and saddest thing ever.
My last stop before leaving was to Lagoon Trail in the rain.  Fitting.

We're settling into our new house and surroundings okay.  And our new ward is amazing so that's been wonderful.  Fortunately I'm pretty accustomed to moving, so unpacking has been pretty painless.  And maybe once winter is over I'll be ready to take my kids out for some serious exploring.
This was our first day at our new house.  Atticus found this little bush fort and named it Fort Fun.
This is a bear that I got for free and offered to my older brother, Jonathan, when he was about to have his first kid.  I told him to make sure his wife, Jen, was okay with it as it was huge.  He didn't.  So now we've in a little war of giving it back and forth to each other for the last 7 years (pretty hard considering we haven't been living in the same state) and he managed to sneak it into my car when we stopped to visit in Ohio.  That's actually a lie.  He TRIED to sneak it into my car, I caught him and just went with it.  So now it's here with us.
How she felt about me unpacking instead of holding her.
I spy Atticus.
Always soothing to unpack and organize my books.
Boston Common in the fall.
This girl has no fear and the Boston squirrels are very friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment