The Bronsons

The Bronsons

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Jonny 1 Year

My baby is one and it breaks my heart a little.  With all the Christmassing going on, I keep remembering last year being up all night feeding tiny newborn Jonny or with her curled up on me in front of the Christmas tree and how perfect that was. 
Some Jonny stuff:

Height: 29 inches, 49th Percentile
Weight: 18.5 Pounds, 25th Percentile 
Head Circumference: 17.7 Inches, 51st Percentile

Surprise!  She's still toothless!  But she did finally say her first word about two days after her birthday.  She says uh-oh (I wonder if that holds any clue to my future with her...)
She does make fishy noises and we're working on bunny.
She's walking.  When she feels like it.  She started taking a few steps the night she turned 11 months but mostly she still crawls to get around.  Walking is a game.  She loves to walk a few steps between us back and forth, over and over.
She can point to her hair, ears, belly button, and other people's noses.
The girl loves to give kisses.  She makes an "Mmm" kissy sound and then comes at you.  Once she starts kissing she wants to kiss everyone in sight (even strangers) and then start all over again.  Also, if we ask for a kiss and she doesn't give one, (like if she's saying goodnight to Atticus) I can just kiss Atticus and then she'll want to kiss Atticus, too.
She's very helpful when she gets dressed.  She helps pull her clothes off over her head and when putting arms in sleeves she will switch hands if she's holding something.  
She is very girly.  She loves to brush her hair and tries to put her bows in.  And if she sees one of her necklaces she will whine until she gets it and then do her best to wear it for the rest of the day.  She also loves to mimic putting lotion on her hands when I'm lotioning her up.
She is an escape artist.  We have tried all kinds of barriers to keep her from climbing the stairs but nothing has been foolproof yet.  She also has a knack for doing or getting into exactly what I don't want her to get into.  I will give her all kinds of things to do but she will beeline it for things she shouldn't have or the stuff I'm trying to distract her from.
She loves to share her food and binky.  The binky thing is a fun game for her, she'll stick it in my mouth and then take it back over and over.  She's also suddenly pretty attached to her binky at bedtime and won't calm down without it.  It drives me crazy because I was all set to take it as soon as she turned one and now she loves it.
Lady won't keep her socks on.  It's kind of a pain when we're trying to run errands in the freezing cold.
She loves to make the B sound constantly lately.  She thinks she's talking to us.
I know I've said it before but she's scared of everything.  Everything.  And every so often some unknown something will terrify her and she'll book it over to me screaming and crying desperate to get away from the noise or dust bunny or whatever it was.  It's kind of funny.
This girl loves books.  Loves them.  I constantly find her reading to herself (and she always makes sure to have the book right-side-up) or she's dragging books across the room, (or house) to have me read to her.  And she must plop herself in my lap first.  The times where I'm lying on the floor, she will back herself up into my face and plop herself down in front of me so I can read to her.
 Squish.
 These two spent three days playing in this box.
 Some snot.
 She likes to hold hands.
 Doing her pretty hair.
 This happens a lot.  She finds a spot on the floor and just lies there doing nothing.
 Munching a roll at Thanksgiving. 
 Helping.
Her favorite foods are cheese and sweet potatoes.  Here you can see the latter shoved up her nose...
 ...and in her hair.
 She enjoyed the snow the first time, but has hated it ever since.
 She will not go down for a nap unless rocked completely asleep.  If I put her down when nearly asleep, she will not sleep, no matter how long I leave her in her crib or how tired she is.
 Temple Square!
 I sure like her.
 She is crazy.
And all her spunk and impishness are so much fun.  Keeps me cheered up. 
 I kept catching her trying to open this present.  She did eventually get it completely unwrapped one morning.
 This girl's personality.
 After bath snuggles.
 Selfies with mom!
 
 Binky sharing.
 Waiting at the doctor's.
 This is how she fell asleep on the way home.
She loves to watch him out the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment