This month was so easy considering how rough the first month with Atticus was. Jonny is super sweet. She rarely cries and she sleeps! She was sleeping four hour stretches at night and for the last week she's been going seven hours. I don't even know how to handle it. (Sorry I'm going to do some Atticus comparisons) With Atticus I remember several times finishing up feeding him and putting him to bed while I watched the beginning of Letterman and he'd be awake to eat again in time for me to catch the last few minutes of Letterman. He didn't start sleeping through the night until about 9 months and even then it was only 5-6 hour stretches. (Let's be honest, he still doesn't really sleep through the night.) Plus he never took less than 45 minutes to eat. Jonny never takes more than 30. Atticus was a good baby, I promise. I only bring these two things up because it freaks me out. It makes me feel like she's not eating enough.
She most definitely is eating enough however. At her one week appointment she had lost a full pound. It's normal for them to lose up to half a pound right after they're born so they were pretty worried about her. (She was really struggling to latch and eat) At her two week appointment, the nurse weighed her and then the doctor did it again because he thought the nurse had made a mistake. She'd gained two pounds in about 10 days! And she just keeps gaining. She's huge. She doesn't even fit into her newborn outfits anymore. Her two week stats (She doesn't go back to the doctor until 2 months) are weight: 8.5 lbs-48th percentile, Height: 21.6"-86th percentile, and head 14.2"-42nd percentile. One day she'll beat up on Atticus as he's never made it much past the 10th percentile on any of those things.
She makes crazy horse and grunting sounds all the time. And she is maybe the gassiest baby ever. I don't think her body is big enough to hold the volume of air that comes out of her 40 times a day. I think I need to go off dairy again... Boo.
She hates taking baths and getting dressed. Cries the whole time.
She's already had more blow outs than Atticus ever had.
She's had a very social month. She went to my big family Christmas party and got passed around by all my aunts, uncles, and cousins. She spent Christmas Eve and Christmas with mine and Dan's families, plus went to the children's choir concert at The Cathedral of the Madeline on Christmas Eve. She went to my brother-in-law's wedding reception, so she's also met all of Dan's aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. She went to my little sister's baby shower and she's been to church because Dan was out of town for a week and we stayed with my parents and ended up going to church with them. Yay building up her immune system! And yay for not getting sick from any of that!
(Yes, Dan has already missed a quarter of her life because he was in Korea for work. Literally they informed us he was going to Korea for up to three weeks while I was in the hospital in labor. Luckily Dan is a smarty pants and got everything done he needed to in a week and was able to come back home.)
She is such a messy eater. I think she has a hard time breathing while eating. So she'll fill her mouth with milk and then stop to breathe and spit it everywhere. We both end up soaking wet.
She still has a ton of dark hair. (And a bunch of fuzz on her back.) Her hair gets so fluffy when clean and sticks strait up. It stays strait up unless I plaster it down with lotion. Oh and she's looking a lot less like Atticus these days.
She is very patient with her brother who is constantly gushing over her. All day long he is cooing her name and snuggling and kissing her. He tells me all the time that whatever it is she's doing (wiggling, looking at him, cooing, etc) is "because her love me". And I love when, instead of calling her Jonny, he refers to her as "my sister".
Atticus singing to Jonny.
That's about it for this month. Not much else to tell because as Dan would put it, she's mostly just a lump at this point (a super cute, snuggly one.)
This is her at 1 week.
I switched to using the dragon for her pictures after this one and in hindsight I am annoyed at myself for doing so because it's not consistent. I know, I am dumb for caring.
2 Weeks
3 Weeks
These next few are from the night we brought her home.
Checking out her tiny feet.
This is seriously how he acts around her all the time. He adores her and this is his "I love my sister" face.
She totally appreciates his snuggles.
My grandma and sister (and their husbands) came up to see her the night we brought her home and that was fun.
Checking on her
Wearing her Russian, hospital hat
He's constantly asking to hold her.
Playing with "Baby Bobo Jonny Cloud"
"Mom! Her looking at me!"
At the doctor.
Sleeping with her legs strait up in the air.
Perfection.
More playing with Jonny. I was working on getting some stuff done and after a while he got sick of me asking if she was doing okay so he left her there and told me they weren't friends anymore. Then went and played somewhere else.
One of many sleepy smiles.
Even though this was his third time seeing her (twice in the hospital) this was the first time my dad actually held her.
He was sharing his Yankee Blankie with her.
My Christmas baby
Her Minnie Mouse from Grandma. (Of course.)
Three Ruths
Aunt Jenny
He loves to do her hair.























What a pretty baby! I can't stop oooohing over all these cute pictures of her. I wish to hold her all the time.
ReplyDeleteShe's so darling! I love how sweet Atticus is with her.
ReplyDelete