The Bronsons

The Bronsons

Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Cabin In The Woods

Our friend Jake invited us up for a weekend at his brother's new cabin.  His brother just bought this cabin from the 60s or 70s and the previous owners didn't want to haul all their stuff out in the snow so they are leaving it until it melts, I guess.  It made for an even more awesome cabin.  We had a very adventurous weekend.  It started with Dan's Xterra not making it through the snow.  He was hauling a trailer with snowmobiles and we needed to turn around on the snow covered road and got stuck in the deeper snow on the side of the road.  So that was fun.  Dan went to talk to Jake and they tried to find help while Atticus and I chilled in the nice warm car.  Our friend Grizz caught up to us and happened to have a tow rope so he pulled us out.
The next step was getting us all into the cabin on the snowmobile and getting the heat going.  I don't remember what the exact problem was but the heat took a lot longer to get going (and then took until the next morning before the cabin made it up to 70 degrees) so we all sat around in our snow clothes able to see our breath.  Luckily Dan had packed our little space heater so Atticus was toasty in his room as he went to bed and the rest of us had fun watching movies in the cold.
After much hard work on Jake's part, it was decided a pipe must have frozen and so we had no water the whole weekend.  Grizz diligently kept snow boiling for us and we hardly noticed there wasn't any water.
Aside from all those crazy things we had fun.  The cabin was so funny and we played games and watched movies, ate lots of food and played with the kid.  Dan got scared to the point of cussing by a ghost voice.  (Funniest thing to ever happen) Jackson came up for most of Saturday and Atticus was in love with Grizz.  He would ask for him as soon as he woke up and he still asks for him sometimes and that was a week and a half ago.
And now, please enjoy some of the best pictures ever.


Grizz boiling snow in the freezing cold cabin.
 Enjoy some awesome decor.

 I don't have a picture but there were also some mounted antlers and Atticus was terrified of them.  When we first walked passed them, he wouldn't follow us.  Just stayed on the other side and cried.  And then the curtains on the stairs Dan thought was a ghost.
 Kyra trying to warm up by the little heater the first night.
 Atticus loved this carpet.  So many colors to scream about!
Mostly everyone sat around playing video games and their studpid King Arthur games.  I'm really bummed I can't find the picture I secretly took of Dan playing Bananagrams where he spelled ballerina-"Balorena" 
I also can't find the pictures I took from the walk I took through the the snow.  Loved the trees.  Atticus and I went on a second walk and the kid just kept going in the snow and cold.  What a trooper.
One morning the kid got the biggest bloody nose ever.  His clothes were soaked.
He wanted to spend all his time climbing these ladders. 
 
"I up high" 
 Jackson wanted to be healthy so he brought some broccoli and rinsed it off in the non-boiled rat-poop water.
 This is the haunted high chair.  Jake and Kyra both claimed it was not in the house when they were there a few weeks before and there it was.
 Proof of the wicked powers of the chair.  

No comments:

Post a Comment