We threw him a party the next night at my parent's house. I wasn't one of those trending crazy moms who go insane over a birthday party for a one year old. We did it at my parent's so that everyone wouldn't have to trek up here. Atticus had both sets of grandparents there as well as Grandma and Grandpa Great, Granny and Jenny, and Grandma Stella and Alvin. My sister Stefanie and her five youngest kids came, Dan's sister Natalie and her family came. Plus there was Sheri, Sam, and Jimmy.
The kid had fun and now has more toys than I think I may have ever owned. He definitely has more cute outfits than me. He got to stay up way passed his bed time and the sleepier he gets toward bedtime, the more hyper he gets. On top of that, Granny would not stop feeding him ice cream. So the kid was wired. Then to end the night and get rid of all his guests, Atticus attempted to steal some more cake from the coffee table and instead slipped and slammed his mouth and then his eye into the coffee table. Over-tired/stimulated, sugared-up, baby with a bleeding mouth, produces a lot of screaming. He screamed until everyone left and then he fell to sleep. He woke up the next morning with a bruised lip and one eye puffy, but he was happy as could be.
Loving some presents
Okay, I love this lawnmower we got him.
He was checking out the balls popping as he pushed.
Oh, and apparently my kid never wears pants.
Playing with the gadgets.
He refuses to actually walked with it. He'll push it on his knees.
I love this picture. Again, not dressed.
Opening presents at his party
Love his face.
His Jenny card
He's out of focus but I love the way he's looking at his dad.
He loves when his cute cousin Eli dances for him
Showing off his age.
Tate trying to get him to cooperate and play with his toys.
Cute kid.
He adores his baby cousin Lydia.
This is what getting some kids to cooperate looks like.
Playing on Grandpa's tractor the next day.
Love his facial expressions.
ReplyDelete