The Bronsons

The Bronsons

Sunday, April 7, 2013

1 Year Old!

So Atticus turned one.  He's adorable and more fun every day.  He's very happy and super active.  But he is also very attentive and he likes to sit and study anything interesting or new.  He's always been very alert.  We've gotten all sorts of comments from people about it since the day he was born.  I call him my studious boy and I'm always asking him what he's working on or figuring out.  My dad and I teased recently that he definitely does not have ADD.

He's sweet and loves to cuddle.  He loves to climb up on us and lay his face on our faces.  Often this is accompanied by a squeeze, pats, and him saying "Ahh".  He also loves to cuddle with with his stuffed animals or anything soft really.  I found him the other day squeezing and saying "Ahh" to a fur-trimmed hood zipped off a vest.  His two favorite things to cuddle right now are his lion and his Yankee Blankie.

He no longer does after bath cuddles with me like he used to.  After he gets out he'll let me hold him while I read him a story.  As soon as I say "the end" he fights his way out of the towel and onto the seat behind me buck-naked to cuddle with his Yankee Blankie.  He hugs it and burrows into it and kisses it and hides behind it.  Squealing with happiness the entire time while I try to lotion and dress him.  Then we read another story and go say goodnight to daddy.  He goes down to bed like a champ.  Once he's said goodnight to his daddy I can't even get through a verse of a song before he wants me to put him down and then he's down until morning.

Some not so cute things are his screams, hits, and pinches when told no.  He's done it less more recently but he's just frustrated and will even hit himself if there's not anything closer to hit.  Other times when we tell him not to do something, like push buttons on the printer or go up the stairs, he'll shake his head no and then sneak a bit at a time toward it, or check to see if we're not looking and then bolt.

He loves the stairs.  We go up and down all day.  And there are many fits that stem from not being allowed to play on the stairs.  He also has a weird obsession with the microwave.  He points to it from clear across the room and even found one at a house we were at the other day and got excited.  He also has learned to push the buttons on my front-loading washer.  Gone are the days that I can let him watch the washer go while I get some things done.  He has too often cancelled the load halfway through.  He can also get down from any chair, bench etc the same way he goes down stairs.

He finally learned to shake his head yes and thinks it's hilarious.  He knows it goes hand in hand with shaking his head no, but I'm not entirely convinced he understands its meaning.

He loves to jump in his jumper or while I hold his hands.  He still dances to everything.  The best is when he's standing and bounces on his knees.  But really, he dances to everything.  The dryer, dishwasher, humming, clapping, the slowest hymns at church, anything.  He also loves to be outside.  He's figured out where our front door is and cries anytime he sees it and we don't go out.  Being outside will cause him to not care about eating either.

He still only says mom and dad.  Though dad has changed to mostly "Da" and mom is no longer bum.  Mom has become more of a "bla-bla" which pretty much only I recognize as a word when he says it.  He often also attempts to yell "Jerry!" in a growly voice out the window.  Some Seinfeldish thing his dad taught him. He loves to babble at us and I always wonder what he's telling me.

He's too fast of a crawler to be bothered with learning to walk or even stand on his own.  As of his first birthday, he had three teeth.  Though a fourth (on the top) finally popped through 2 days after his birthday.  Also as of his first birthday, I'm done nursing him, he's completely on regular milk and we got rid of all our binkies and bottles.  Which went without notice on his part.


Since his birthday he's become an expert mimicker.  He loves to mimic all our actions, and tones of voice.  He's learned to do "So big!", he can tell you what a bunny and a fish say, and we're working on lion.  He's discovered the swings and goes down the slide all by himself.

Oh and my most favorite thing he does is bring me books for me to read to him.  He'll be busy playing with a car (obsessed) or his Batcave, then he'll spot one and immediately bring it to me and say "Uh" until I pick him up and read it to him.

My tiny kid's one year stats:
Head Circumference: 17.9 inches--24th percentile
Height: 28 3/4 inches--17th percentile.  Way down from his last check in the 48th percentile.  He's only grown a quarter of an inch since his early January appointment.
Weight: 18 lbs 4 oz--2nd percentile.  Same % as he was last time.
The doctor's not worried about his weight as he's staying in his growth curve and the kid eats so much.  He's just super active.  The doctor said it was odd that his height keeps jumping around but wasn't too concerned.  Neither Dan nor I are short people so I figure he'll shoot up at some point.

49 Weeks-So sick of lamby pictures
 50 Weeks
 51 Weeks
He's got soul
 Silly kid
Tongue always out. 
 Love him
Loves Yankee Blankie-Can you see Atticus? 
 Cuddles
Snuggling daddy 
Grover snuggling daddy
Bedtime stories 
A favorite place to play 
 Loves my camera
First cowboy soup 
Tasty 
He thought this was the greatest thing ever 
Puffy eye and fat lip the morning after my parent's coffee table beat him up. 
Yelling "Jerry" out the window. 

2 comments:

  1. Happy One Year to Atticus! I feel your pain with the screaming and the love of stairs... Henry is the same! Also, I don't think Henry has a desire to walk either. He crawls so dang fast he has no need to walk. But the normal time for walking is between 10-14 mon so I'm not too worried yet. I'm nervous to switch him to whole milk. Why did Atticus do it so perfectly?

    ReplyDelete