So.... School started today....
I take Atticus to the babysitter out in Plymouth in the morning and then head to my school. In order to get there on time, I wake up at 5:30 and get ready and then go wake Atticus up around six to feed him etc. Well this morning, he decided to wake up starting at 4:30. He wasn't ready to eat. Just wanted to fuss which made me getting ready a struggle. Then he cried through eating and we struggled to get him to eat enough. (I think he may be teething) He finally finished and I put him in his exersaucer while I ate breakfast and loaded the car. We were running late. I went to grab him and too late realized he'd had a major blow-out, (only his second ever) and it was all over both of us. So we changed some clothes. Woot.
So we left 15 minutes late which is a big deal. Especially when you are on duty at school this week, meaning you have to be out in the halls in the morning maintaining order and as you were leaving the day before, got the second new student you'd been given that day and you have nothing ready for him so need to hurry and do that before you have to go maintain the order.
So off Atticus and I left. Me dwelling on "Holy cow, what a miserable morning. I am so tired." Well, I didn't see the cop... I was going 14 over apparently. Then I couldn't find my registration and when I did, my name didn't match my name on my license as the registration is still under my maiden name (plus he was quick to tell me my registration was invalid as I hadn't signed it. Who has ever signed their registration paper?) AND my address was wrong, due to the move last month. The cop was in his car forever. He even made a phone call. Well as it was the first day of school he decided to give me a warning and "a strong lecture". And lecture he did indeed. About speeding with a sweet baby in my car etc, until I felt like a failure of a mother and had to blink back tears. And then he let me go
I was still about 20 minutes from getting to school because I had yet to drop the kid off, and I needed to be at school in 10. So I finally get to school and I guess because it's the first day of school we were letting the kids go to their class already and I had students and their moms at my door. So much for last minute preparation.
Needless to say I was not prepared for the rest of the day.
Oh ya, and I have 26 students. Eight more than I had last year. I realize 26 isn't an insane number but 26 6-year-olds, most of whom are only used to 2 hours of kindergarten, is a lot. I barely got throught 2 hours worth of my lesson plan because they were so hard to get to follow directions and listen and not run around or continually interrupt to tell me they had a hamster. I also had a boy throw two major screaming/throwing things/running away fits, 3 boys and 2 girls who would just completely ignore me even if I came right up to them and said their name, one girl who I had to walk down the hall with a garbage can so she wouldn't puke everywhere, and one mother of said girl who called me after school very upset that we hadn't sent her daughter home (we made the daughter eat her lunch instead and then she was right back to her usual hyper self)
Finally I could leave only to be back 20 minutes later to get some important things I had forgotten. Oh and sometime on the drive home, Atticus' car seat tipped right over. What? How on earth does that even happen? The kid slept through it but it was literally on it's side when we pulled into the garage. No idea how long it was like that.
It can only go up from here, right?
Oh Parli - I love you. It was a bad day for sure - but at least it has an end. Tomorrow can only go up from here. Eat you some yummy um,... whatever isn't chocolate or dairy... and get a good sleep. (also, all mom's of sweet little kids speed from time to time. Stupid cop)
ReplyDeleteAre you kidding me? What a day! Guess you don't think it's cool that you have to see on facebook that the rest of us had a great day! If you need help when you're on duty and running late, text me and I'll stand watch for you. I'll give you my cell number tomorrow. TOMORROW WILL BE BETTER! (it can't get much worse!)
ReplyDeleteYowzers. That was intense! I'm really sorry. I hope you have a relaxing night and some good rest!
ReplyDelete