Basically I hadn't been done with school for a day before I missed having kids around so I promptly called up my sister and told her she needed to start shipping her kids up here.
First came Morrissa and Kyndi. Morrissa is 13 and Kyndi is 6. They came up the night their parents got married. Did I mention Stef and Kamron got married? Well they did. It was adorable. So anyway, they came up and we basically swam for three days. Morrissa got really good at doing some tricks. She taught me how to do an underwater backflip and she even did it without plugging her nose. I am not a swimmer and nearly always have to plug my nose. Kyndi started out with a life jacket and not even daring to go passed the three foot mark, to jumping in with no life jacket and doing the breast stroke underwater, coming up for air and going back down. The girl swims better than me.
We spent half of one day shopping it up and being girly-like and visiting Dan at work, but other than that, we were seriously at the pool. We spent the nights making stove s'mores, looking up funny youtube videos, learning songs on the piano, and watching movies. One of the funnier moments was when Kyndi burst into our room in the wee hours of the morning due to a bad dream and made Dan scream in fear a tiny bit.
Morrissa spent half her pool time like this.
They were looking right into the sun.
Stove s'mores are the best because it's a lot easier to get the chocolate all melty.
Dan serenaded us at our "campfire".
Dan taught Morrissa Heart and Soul and I taught Kyndi Mary Had A Little Lamb.
This week Tyson and Tate. Tyson is 15 and Tate is 9. They were, in a way, slightly harder to entertain. 15-year-olds bore easily and it was a struggle to get Tate off the computer. We still swam quite a bit but they played lots of video games too. (And by they, I mean Tate.) The second night I had to go to Bountiful for a wedding so Dan took them rock climbing with our friend Jake Mabey. From what I hear, Tate was hesitant and at times panicky while climbing but did pretty good for a nine-year-old. Tyson, I am told, rocked it. (No pun intended.) They went on, I think four different climbs. The first one was a super easy one but they ended up doing some that I would consider a bit tricky even for me. Anyway, Jake is Tate's new best friend as he stayed at our house that night and played video games with Tate. The best though was the last day. Nicole and I took them to The Fun Park where we played some serious skee ball amongst other things, but then we played laser tag. Just the four of us. And oh my, funniest thing of the summer. Girlfriend and I would scream in terror every time one of the boys got us. She ended up hiding out in the same spot for most of the time. At one point Tyson scared me so bad that I fell over and couldn't get back up from laughing so hard and he just stood over me mocking me. It was so much fun! (Tyson actually scared me into falling over a second time as well.) Loved it.






I just laughed so hard thinking about you falling over playing laser tag. We're awesome.
ReplyDeleteYou guys are seriously so cool!!! Can I come hang out while you entertain me?!?!
ReplyDelete