The Bronsons

The Bronsons

Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Call For Help From The Housewifely Challenged

So I have been feeling the need lately to be more domestic.  It's probably from my recent blog stalking where it seems everyone I know is working on crafts or trying some new recipe or another.  And I'm sure it's a lot to do with all the Studio 5 I've been watching, with their Martha Stewart-channeling guests, who show everyone just how easy it is to whip up your own scented candles while also baking quiche, arranging various bouquets for the neighbors, and repainting your bedroom furniture to match your eyes.  All while I sit watching and dipping my macaroni and cheese in ketchup......

My main specialties in the kitchen are chocolate chip cookies and Cowboy Soup.  About as crafty as I get is sewing buttons back on Dan's cuffs and hanging picture frames in not an entirely ugly way.  Although I did do a stint involving baby rag quilts.

So.....  Ideas?  Tips?  Words of encouragement?  Good, fairly easy recipes/crafts?  My house could definitely use it.  And pictures are very much appreciated.



3 comments:

  1. Haha! This post is so funny! I am so honored that my blog made your blogroll! Thanks...{blush}

    Anyway, are you looking for a place to start? Warning: once you start it theres no going back! ;) I would start with trying new recipes or making a trip to the thrift store searching for things to revive like a dresser, a lamp, or some milk glass. If you need some ideas you can search my blog tags "DIY" or "Decor".

    Good luck! I am always willing to help if you have questions about DIY stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely craft challenged! My sister in law is awesome though so we should plan a day and she can come up to Logan and help us! Also I have no cool recipes except very easy crock pot recipes if you want them. I'm all about the crock pot. My summer goal was to make new pillows.... I never did it. Maybe we should be crafting buddies and learn together

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cooking/Baking is my favorite thing to do.
    Crock pot recipes are a great way to start. Also, desserts are an easy/fun way to get creative too. I mostly just start surfing the web for fun things. BettyCrocker.com has some awesome recipes, because you can take something basic- like a brownie mix- and make a yummy topping to make it more exciting. I just got one today that was an almond joy topping. I just might be making that soon! Honestly, I think it just comes down to reading a recipe and following it as they say. Then after you get comfortable doing that- you learn what you can change up.

    ReplyDelete