-Don't worry, there's an H&M down the street. All is well.
-Nobody eats after noon here. Seriously we've walked by full cafes at all hours of the day and after noon, meals become just wine. You can't even find food in a cafe if you wanted to.
-It doesn't get actually dark here until about 10:45 and then the sun comes up around... sometime early. But really the sky is still blue after ten and it is weird.
-Oh my, I had some ice cream. Technically I think one of the flavors was a frozen yogurt. But it was so good. Nothing creamier except my dad's. I had apple and cherry. (Dan and I shared or it would've been something involving more chocolate.)
-Our apartment has a two burner stove and a microwave which sends out periodic sparks. We have a few dishes including one bowl and one spoon. Pretty much I will live off bread, nutella, jam, and tomatoes for the next month.
-Dan is dying. He had some really bad allergy-like symptoms on the second day which quickly progressed to an awful cold where he's up all night coughing. Dan doesn't get sick very often and when he does he's not much of a complainer. For about two days he was not happy. He's doing a bit better but has a doctor's appointment today so that will be good.
-I've seen more nasty mullets than and 80's redneck movie. I've also seen plenty of kids in Spongebob shirts and a few guys wearing capris which I think is kind of hot. Dan has two choices, he either has to get some capris or some of those tiny little swim trunks like James Bond wears.
-The bathroom door in our apartment is a sliding door. If you slide it all the way shut there's a gap on the other side between it and the wall which gives you a perfect shot of the toilet. Wonderful.
-That is however, more privacy than most people care to take around here as (though I haven't witnessed it) several people in our group have witnessed Spaniards just dropping their pants on the side of the road. This is not limited to men. Last night Dan witnessed a mother help her little girl squat down just outside our window in a park filled with people. Classy.
-In other news, Dan's little brother got his mission call this week to Barcelona, Spain. Pretty ironic. We are very excited for him! We actually found out yesterday, before we found out about AJ, that as of Tuesday, the province? state? of La Rioja got combined with the Barcelona mission so we are in AJ's mission. Barcelona is a long way from here. Something like an eight hour bus ride, but we'll see if we can make it down there. He leaves on November 10th. He's got a long wait. I can't remember when my little brother got his call. But Jameson and AJ have the same birthday a year apart and James left on November 11th.
I don't really have any pictures from this week as I've been using the DSLR. Tonight Dan and I are going to go down to some castle about 40 mintues from here and then tomorrow we're headed to the next town over for a festival.
Um yes Europeans do not care who sees them use the bathroom... I can't remember what country we were in but they had outdoor bathroom stalls and you would pee down a drain on the street, Gross. Clark has capris, they are hot!!
ReplyDelete