The Bronsons

The Bronsons

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

** I'm going to attempt to upload some pictures. Pretty sure I don't know how to do it so that it looks how I want but oh well. Also, pictures from my DSLR won't open except thru photoshop which I don't have on this computer so most my pictures will have to wait til I get home and then they can go on facebook.
Dan ripped a hole in his pants trying to
limbo at the airport.



Some Mayan ruin. Tulum?


Dan was literally scaring a clown fish repeatedly.


Practicing for our scuba diving later that day.


This is the bay where the crocodiles lived.


Watching the Crocodiles.


This was the medium sized croc. He was about
six feet long. I like to call him Lenny.


Dan feeding Lenny fried chicken.


Yes, the water was always this blue.



Some zipline action


This was at Chichen Itza and it was definitely the hottest
day of the whole trip. Most days it was around 90 degrees,
I think.


Hazzah for Spanish hymn books. Oh and don't
worry that Dan's sisters were the pianist for
sacrament meeting.


Our Hotel



Currently I am in Cancun watching Enchanted in Spanish. I pretty much understand none of it. Kyndi would be so mad. This morning we went with all of the Bronsons to do a zip line. It was pretty fun but then after that we went through this river that I'm pretty sure had crocodiles in it, on this boat with a jet engine. We pretty much came within inches of rocks as we sped up and down this ravines at fifty miles an hour and then we'd do 360's and get drenched. It was hilarious. I'm sorry, I'm a really boring blog writer. After that all but Dan, his dad, and I went to go swim with the dolphins at some resort. I had no desire. So after laying out for four hours, this is what we are doing now. Don't worry though, tonight we're going across the street to the bay to feed the crocodiles leftover chicken from dinner.

The day we got here and the next day was just spent swimming and laying around. We're at an all inclusive resort with five different restaurants and food around every corner plus there's about five other hotels we can go to and eat at their restaurants. We went to one Saturday night and rode bikes there and climbed a rock wall, where my foot got eaten by red ants. Sunday, we went into town for church and wandered around downtown a bit. No clue what else we did that day. Yesterday some of us went to Chichen Itza. (I think I spelled that right.) It was interesting but somehow we missed the observatory completely and my dad will be so displeased with us about that. We had a really miserable tour guide and oh my, it was hot. It's been around 95 degrees the whole time we've been down here.

Tomorrow some of us are going scuba diving. Dan and I did that on our honeymoon, so according to Mexico we only have to go one more time after this and we're certified. (The training they do lasts about a half hour.) We'll also probably get massages tomorrow. Thursday we're going to some different Mayan ruins and then we leave Friday afternoon sometime.

This has been a boring post. As I'm sure they will all be. I apologize. I'll post pictures later if I decide to figure out how and ever get them off my camera. Also, I love vanilla Mexican ice cream.

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous of the massage & the laying out! It sounds wonderful - & I'm glad you're writing even though you think it is boring. (You're on vacation - not at a creative wriing class :)

    ReplyDelete