The Bronsons

The Bronsons

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Boston Independence Day

We had our first 4th of July here in Boston.  And though we didn't take advantage of most of the many, many awesome things you might imagine are happening in Boston and the surrounding areas on such a day, the day still did not disappoint.  I look forward to doing it again (and maybe some additional activities) next year.

The morning of, we were invited by our friends Sarah and Sterling to their house for a breakfast with a bunch of other people from our ward, so that was a lot of fun.  Then with more friends from the ward we headed out to see Boston's firework show.   Boston shoots off their fireworks from a barge and a bridge on the Charles River.  We wanted to be able to be right on the river across from downtown so we had to get there super early.  Like, hours and hours early.  I don't remember the exact time, but I think we got there between 2:00 and 4:00 PM.  We were able to get an awesome spot right in front of MIT, very close to where they shot them off.  And then we just hung out there together all afternoon.  It was actually a lot of fun.  I love fireworks and I kind of had to giggle at all my Utah friends who had been posting videos, etc of the fireworks they had been to the night before, because they had nothing on these Boston fireworks.  And even though we didn't get home until midnight because even on slow day, traffic out here sucks, (And of course my kids didn't sleep until they were home in their own beds) it was totally worth it.
 Jonny at our breakfast.
  And with her cute friend, Thomas.
 There are so many beautiful houses around here, but this one is my favorite.  Not sure what I love about it so much, but it's perfect.  With it's flag out flying, I thought it looked perfect for the day.
 Our spot for the fireworks.
We went for a few walks to pass the time.  Atticus and Christian are such cute friends.  I love these sweet little Hanson boys.
(Thomas was covering his ears from the cannons going off across the river at the Boston Pops concert.)
I put these two pictures of me with my kids just because Jonny amuses me in both.
Our changing view through the day.
This is my cute 5 year old son, who is wearing the same 18-month-size shorts he's worn for five July's in a row.
My babies.
Still waiting for fireworks.
The aftermath around 8:30 the next morning.  Atticus is the only one fake sleeping here because the boy wakes up with the sun.  And Jonny is still in her dress and the stickers she decorated herself in from the night before

No comments:

Post a Comment