The Bronsons

The Bronsons

Sunday, October 20, 2013

"Works Great As A Tie, Too"

So my little sister, Samantha got married in October to Brad Mills.  Her dress may be the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen.  Of course, she looked amazing in every dress she tried on.  We went with her shopping, (and by we I mean my mom, my sister Stefanie, Sam's new mother-in-law, and me) and they had to roll up the back of every dress she tried on and put these big clamps on it to keep them from falling off of her.  Even the size 2 dresses.

We grew up in the same ward as Brad in Bountiful and now they live in that same ward, which I love.  Brad was in a few of my classes in elementary school, and I definitely had a crush on him at some point.  Awkward.  Anyway, he and Sam are so adorable together and he will take such good care of her.  At their sealing, I loved watching him adoring my sister.  I am so happy for them.  Their wedding was beautiful.  Plus they had a s'mores bar!  Brad's mom teaches at our elementary school and so that was also fun, because not only did we see all our old wardies, there were plenty of my old teachers there, including Allison Riddle.  She was my fifth grade teacher and my inspiration for becoming a teacher.  So I had a lot of fun seeing everybody.  

Atticus was a terror.  The whole weekend he was a grump, wouldn't sleep, and was mean to all of his cousins except Kyndi. (Of course that wasn't until the day after the wedding.)  He was quite a turd unless left completely alone.  Poor kid.  And poor Dan who had to drag him around at the reception.

I was also challenged by a delightful friend of mine to capture awkward moments on camera throughout the day.  So I will include those as well.

This was not one of the awkward challenge photos, this is just what we do.
 Anna was being "A princess of (her) Heavenly Father".
 My cousin, Jake, attempting to take a selfie with an SLR.
Atticus looking for the Angel.  Love this picture. 
 My brother, Jonathan, with his two kids, Anna and Jonah.
 Love this face.  It's his mischievous face.
Atticus was done cooperating from here on out. 

 

 Gross.
I'm not sure what's wrong with me.

 Hours later and the kid is still being a pill.
 It took a lot of coaxing to get the kid to smile for this one.
 Quite possibly the best picture ever.
 Let the awkward challenge begin.  This is my nephew, Tate. 
 As long as no one was near him, Atticus was fine.
 My baby sister.
 This appeared on my phone at some point in the night.
 S'mores!!
Best bum ever. 
These are my cousins.  They're much cooler than me.
 Sam was freezing so Brad's aunt went and bought her a sweater.
 Another challenge winner.  My great-aunt heard I was cold, so she wrapped me in her coat while she was still wearing it.  Then she made my aunt Jenny spoon with us.
 My cousin, Justin, loving on his wife, Megan.
More from the challenge.  Jimmy pausing to admire the dress. 
 And my sister being herself.  We got stuck at the Eldredge House cleaning everything because Dan took Atticus home early and we had to bum a ride off my parents.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you posted this. Sam is such a beautiful bride! Pretty wedding!

    ReplyDelete