The Bronsons

The Bronsons

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Fall Things-Halloween

So because we are super cool and because we have a son who goes to bed at 7:30, we had no plans for Halloween.  So the day before, Dan decided to invite our whole 2 friends (give or take a few) over some riotous partying.  Also at school for Halloween we all dressed up as hillbillies.  The superintendent came and judged all our costumes.  (Although I will whine here and point out that all the best costume winners he picked were in first lunch, and by the time the rest of us got there he was done judging.)  Oh and don't worry, our principal also hired a professional photographer to come take our pictures.  Our individual pictures, mind you.  Still no word on when those will be coming back to us...

I made Atticus' costume.  He was the cutest scarecrow you ever did see.  I just sewed on patches with raffeta on some overalls then I fashioned the hat out of some burlap and attached it to a headband.  Oh and I tied some more raffeta around his ankles.

We had lots of trick-or-treaters which was fun.  This is our fourth Halloween and it's the first time we've had trick-or-treaters.

My team at Garland redneck-onizing!
 My boyfriend, Shaylyn. 
My cute little scarecrow
 
 
 
 This boy adores his daddy.
Dan was a slacker this year and didn't get a costume.  Yes, he did just pull all this stuff out of his closet.  Pretty good I think.
 Girlfriend was also a slacker and pulled all of her stuff out of her closet.  She's a hipster.  Obviously.
 These two are from District 12.

1 comment:

  1. We came to your super cool Halloween party last year! Looks like the same crowd showed up again. I love the scarecrow costume! He looks adorable and I'm proud of you for making a costume for your child.

    ReplyDelete